Sunday, January 22, 2017

JAPANESE TOILETS


Someone asked me the other day whether I had encountered any Japanese toilets when I was in Japan. In the Hotels I stayed in Tokyo and Osaka we had western style toilets. However in the offices were we met our Japanese Engineer counterparts, there were only Eastern style toilets. Was there privacy? did you manage?, was there toilet paper?--- these were some of the  questions that were thrown my way. Fortunately I never had to use these in the way that would require that I needed to squat.

On the bullet trains between Tokyo and Osaka most of the Toilets were of the Eastern variety. There was one car that had a Western style privy. The Japanese never felt privacy was an issue when it came to nudity or toileting. The baths are coed and whole families engage in the enjoyment of the hot tubs.

See picture attached

No comments: