Saturday, December 21, 2013

BLINSTRUBS

After Blinstrubs burned, Stanley Blinstrub opened a small cafeteria style restaurant near the site of his old Night Club. Several doors away was the Odenweller Plumbing and Supply business. Frank Odenweller was my downstairs neighbor. Although there were many years between us we became very close. When Frank was at his West Broadway business during lunch he would eat at the cafeteria. He and Stanley were very good friends. Several times I met Frank and that is where we went for lunch. Stanley would join us and I got a great deal of enjoyment listening to him reminisce about the Acts the Night Club booked over the years. It was Frank that got my brother his bartender job at Blinstrubs. When I would sneak in my brother had the waitresses seat me in the "inner Circle" where I saw the acts close up



No comments: